Thursday, August 12, 2010

Free Stuff for the Interns YEAH!!!!!!!f

Today was another good day, inspite of my tooth ache that created a headache.  Ginny touched on Open Sources with examples and explanations.  These are just a few  we reviewed:  1.  Stellaruim, which was absolutely amazing and free to me.  I can not wait to utilize this tool for more that TeachUp!, I will try to incorporate this into some ideas for church events as well.  2.  OpenOffice of which I was already aware, however I learned that you could interchange the extensions and make them work in other formats. 

We got the chance to create a movie using google to make a movie using opensource (free) products along with some of the tools we were previously introduce on prior days training.  We refreshed Screen Capture that Jason introduce to us on yesterday.  Ginny presented us with another option of movie making which was JING and CamStudio.  CamStudio had a few kinks but could be worked around like turning on sound and minimumizing other screens when JING took care of all that so that you would not have to.  Additionally, CamStudio can only be used on PC so if you have a MAC it's a no go.

The last assignment given was to create  a Ditigal Story using audio, pictures or videos and lasting up to 4 minutes in length on various subjects.   Today was a good day.  Ginny and Martha you did it again.  Even though Martha was the silent type most of the day observing the class.  I missed your voice today Martha, I know you throught no one noticed. :)  I have really enjoyed myself this week and thank you all for inviting me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment